Join the Town of Crossfield and Crossfield Chamber of Commerce for Community Fest/Food Truck Frenzy/Railway St. Grand Opening!
- Sept. 13
- 4 to 8 p.m.
- Railway St. between Smith and Hammond avenues.
The Downtown Revitalization Project is wrapped up but will continue to be a work in progress. Over the next eight months, Town staff will be monitoring all aspects of the Railway St. redevelopment - including signage. We’ve heard from some residents and businesses that they’d like to see the installation of directional signage to the businesses on the side streets and the east side of Railway St. We’ve heard you and will be adding this to our list of items to monitor. Council will be provided with a list of potential improvements/changes in spring of 2022 along with costing and will make its decision then regarding which to implement.
We’ve also heard from people who are curious about where the original Welcome to Crossfield sign at Banta Park has gone. We’re currently evaluating the best place to re-locate this sign and are looking at a variety of options
Watch the progress videos!
Have a question for the Downtown Project Team? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Open House - April 24
If you were unable to join us for the Virtual Open House, watch it here:
The following drawings were shown during the Open House and can be downloaded if wanted:
Open houses were held Nov. 13 and 14, 2019 to allow the owners of businesses along Railway Street and the general public to meet the project team, view the design concepts and ask any questions they might have.
If you were unable to attend one of the open houses, check out these documents:
Any questions about the project can be directed to email@example.com
Temporary Traffic Accommodation Strategy
The work being undertaken on Railway St. will necessarily require road closures and alternative routes. A Traffic Accommodation Strategy has been developed and includes the following highlights:
- Road closures will be split up into multiple phases along Railway St, starting from Laut Ave. and moving north to Limit Ave. This will include closures of the side avenues from Railway St to the alley way as well.
- Each phase will allow for pedestrian access to all businesses and residences.
- All businesses will be provided vehicular access for deliveries.
- Parking will be restricted throughout the duration of the project.
- During the first two phases of construction, access to Railway St will only be available via Limit Ave until construction is completed between Laut Ave and Ross St.
Read the full Temporary Traffic Accommodation Strategy.