Have a question for the Downtown Project Team? Send an email to email@example.com
Virtual Open House - April 24
If you were unable to join us for the Virtual Open House, watch it here:
The following drawings were shown during the Open House and can be downloaded if wanted:
Open houses were held Nov. 13 and 14, 2019 to allow the owners of businesses along Railway Street and the general public to meet the project team, view the design concepts and ask any questions they might have.
If you were unable to attend one of the open houses, check out these documents:
Any questions about the project can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary Traffic Accommodation Strategy
The work being undertaken on Railway St. will necessarily require road closures and alternative routes. A Traffic Accommodation Strategy has been developed and includes the following highlights:
- Road closures will be split up into multiple phases along Railway St, starting from Laut Ave. and moving north to Limit Ave. This will include closures of the side avenues from Railway St to the alley way as well.
- Each phase will allow for pedestrian access to all businesses and residences.
- All businesses will be provided vehicular access for deliveries.
- Parking will be restricted throughout the duration of the project.
- During the first two phases of construction, access to Railway St will only be available via Limit Ave until construction is completed between Laut Ave and Ross St.
Read the full Temporary Traffic Accommodation Strategy.
Oct. 7 - Paving update
Paving of Railway St. between Hammond Ave. and Carmen's Bigway began Oct. 7. The sections of Hammond Ave. and Nanton Ave. from Railway St. to the alleyways will also be paved during this phase of the project.
Sept. 21 - Project moving north to Shell
The next section of Railway St. between Chisholm Ave. and the Shell closed Sept. 21. Access to Carmen's Big Way and Mountain View Financial will be via Osler Ave., and access to the Shell will be via a temporary entrance at the southeast corner of Limit Ave. and Railway St.
The alley between Nanton Ave. and Hammond Ave. is only accessible from the east.