Construction Update - May 10, 2021
Inspection of the underground servicing installed last year continues today. Flaggers are on site to direct traffic around the areas being inspected. Crews will pull the forms from the sidewalks where concrete was poured last week.
Later this week:
- Tuesday - prepping for a sidewalk on the north side of Nanton Ave. The north entrance to the back alley and the north sidewalk on will be closed. Parking stalls will be blocked while working along the north side.
- Landscape electrical will be going in. A few parking stalls at a time along Railway St. will be blocked while this is being done. Gravelling sidewalks on the east side will continue, with one day of poring scheduled.
Everything is weather dependent as the forecast is unstable.
Work to resume
The contractors will be back in Crossfield starting April 13 to complete work on the Downtown Revitalization Project.
Crews will begin by putting in trenching, starting from Gray Ave. going north, to install the electrical for landscape lighting. They will also install a construction fence from Osler Ave. to Limit Ave. on the west side to allow prepping for concrete. Foot traffic will be diverted to the east side.
Watch the Town's social media and website for updates.
Work on the Downtown Project has largely wrapped up for 2020. There is some work to be completed in the spring. Thank you to all residents and Crossfield businesses for your patience as the Town undertook this large construction project.
Watch the progress videos!
Have a question for the Downtown Project Team? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Open House - April 24
If you were unable to join us for the Virtual Open House, watch it here:
The following drawings were shown during the Open House and can be downloaded if wanted:
Open houses were held Nov. 13 and 14, 2019 to allow the owners of businesses along Railway Street and the general public to meet the project team, view the design concepts and ask any questions they might have.
If you were unable to attend one of the open houses, check out these documents:
Any questions about the project can be directed to email@example.com
Temporary Traffic Accommodation Strategy
The work being undertaken on Railway St. will necessarily require road closures and alternative routes. A Traffic Accommodation Strategy has been developed and includes the following highlights:
- Road closures will be split up into multiple phases along Railway St, starting from Laut Ave. and moving north to Limit Ave. This will include closures of the side avenues from Railway St to the alley way as well.
- Each phase will allow for pedestrian access to all businesses and residences.
- All businesses will be provided vehicular access for deliveries.
- Parking will be restricted throughout the duration of the project.
- During the first two phases of construction, access to Railway St will only be available via Limit Ave until construction is completed between Laut Ave and Ross St.
Read the full Temporary Traffic Accommodation Strategy.