The Town of Crossfield receives emergency services from the Crossfield Fire Department and RCMP, as well as a dedicated Peace Officer and Municipal Enforcement.
If you need emergency assistance, please dial 911 immediately.
For non-emergency complaints please call the Airdrie RCMP at (403) 945-7200, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Airdrie RCMP detachment is located at 2 Highland Park Way N.E., Airdrie, Alta.
Being prepared before an emergency can help you and your family get through in the hours or days that follow. You should be prepared to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours (3 days).
Suggestions for a Home Emergency Preparedness Kit include:
- Three-day supply of food that won’t spoil such as canned food, energy bars and dried foods (replace food once a year)
- Three-day supply of water – up to four litres per person per day and include small bottles that can easily be carried in case of an evacuation (replace water once a year)
- Manual can-opener
- Crank or battery-powered flashlight with spare batteries (replace batteries once a year)
- Crank or battery-powered radio with spare batteries (replace batteries once a year)
- First-aid kit
- Candles and matches/lighter
- Extra car and house keys
- Cash in smaller denominations as well as some change (bank machines & networks may not work in some emergency situations)
- Important papers (family identification)
- Clothing and footwear
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each member of the household
- Toilet paper and personal supplies (e.g. deodorant, feminine products, tooth brush/tooth paste, hand sanitizer, utensils, garbage bags, etc.)
- Bag to carry supplies in the event you must be evacuated
- Playing cards or games
- Pet supplies (food, water, medications, vet records, etc.)
For more information on emergency alerts, and preparedness, please see the following links:
- Alberta Emergency Alert
- Alberta Emergency Preparedness
- Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- Get prepared.ca
- Alberta Fire Bans
- Be Prepared (AEMA)
Voyent Alert! System (Automated Messaging Service)
The Town of Crossfield has implemented an automated messaging service to help inform citizens quickly and efficiently in the event of an emergency and/or public notification, such as garbage and recycling updates, water supply interruptions and snow removal. In addition to being instant, reliable and readily available regardless of the situation, this system allows us to notify the community via the app, text message, land line message or email.
Click here to download the free app or register for your preferred method of notification.