Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the Town of Crossfield. All employment opportunities with the Town are posted on this website, and through local media. Please visit us regularly for up-to-date employment opportunities.
Public Works Operator, Operations Department
This ad is intended to establish a pool of qualified candidates from which future hires will be selected. It is anticipated the new position will be created within the next 12 months.
Reporting to the Town foreman, this position is required to perform all duties involved with the Operations department within the Town of Crossfield.
Duties will include the following areas: water distribution, wastewater collection, storm water management, maintenance of pump stations, reservoirs, sanitary lift stations, water meter reading and installations, road maintenance, snow removal and cemetery operations.
Specific duties include: assisting with the operation of a sewage lagoon system, maintenance of equipment and buildings as required; interdepartmental co-operation within the Parks and Facilities department; operation of equipment, including loader backhoe, skidsteer, tandem gravel truck, snow removal equipment, flushing truck; repair and maintenance of hydrants; line painting and various other duties.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Level I in water distribution, wastewater treatment, wastewater collection would be an asset
- Valid Class 3 Alberta Operator’s License with Air Brake Endorsement and clear driver’s abstract required
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and hand tools
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous fire department experience would be an asset
- Computer literacy, with knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a group setting or independently
- Ability to interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions
- Willing to receive ongoing training
The incumbent will work a 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday (overtime may be required from time to time). Stand-by and on-call rotation are required for this position which includes occasional evenings and weekends.
The Town of Crossfield offers an excellent benefits plan and competitive wage.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen.
Interested parties are invited to submit resumes outlining their qualifications to:
Town of Crossfield
Box 500, Crossfield, Alberta TOM OSO
Phone: 1 (403) 312-7122 or email email@example.com
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining our team, the Town of Crossfield invites applicants to submit a resume and cover letter at any time throughout the year.
Applications submitted to the Town will be kept on file for a period of six months, and will be considered if a position becomes available.