Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with the Town of Crossfield. All employment opportunities with the Town are posted on this website, and through local media. Please visit us regularly for up-to-date employment opportunities.
Operations Department: Public Works Operator
Reporting to the operations foreman or chief administrative officer, the labourer is responsible for the performing duties related to the general repair and maintenance of Town-owned facilities and equipment including streets, sidewalks, water and sewer systems, and cemetery maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the operation and maintenance of the Town water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance of pump stations, reservoirs and sanitary lift stations,
- Responsible for the installation and repairs of water meters, and bi-monthly meter reading.
- Responsible for street maintenance (winter and summer.)
- Responsible for cemetery operations including excavation, internment, landscaping, headstones.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of equipment and vehicles inclusive of tandem gravel truck, snow removal equipment, flushing truck, loader backhoe, skid-steer.
- Perform other operational related duties as assigned by the operations foreman or the chief administrative officer.
- Work co-operatively towards an efficient and effective work environment.
- Grade 12 or equivalency (GED)
- Certificate Level 1 Wastewater Treatment
- Certificate Level 2 Water Distribution (minimum Level 1, working towards level 2)
- Certificate Level 2 Wastewater Collection (minimum Level 1, working towards level 2)
- Valid Class 3 Alberta Operator’s Licence with Air Brake Endorsement with clear driver’s abstract
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and hand tools
- Mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated computer literacy inclusive of Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Ability to interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions
- Willing to receive ongoing training
The incumbent will be required to work five days per week (40 hours) (overtime may be required). Stand-by and on-call rotation are required which includes occasional evenings and weekends.
The Town of Crossfield offers an excellent benefits plan and competitive wage.
Interested parties are invited to submit resumes outlining their qualifications to:
Town of Crossfield
Jack Valstar - Operations Foreman
Box 500, Crossfield, Alberta T0M 0S0
DEADLINE FOR RESUME SUBMISSION: Friday, Sept. 24, 2021 – 4:30 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
If you are interested in joining our team, the Town of Crossfield invites applicants to submit a resume and cover letter at any time throughout the year.
Applications submitted to the Town will be kept on file for a period of six months, and will be considered if a position becomes available.