Effective July 1, 2021, the Town of Crossfield changed its contract inspection agency to Park Enterprises Ltd. Park Enterprise Ltd. is an Authorized Accredited Agency in the Province of Alberta dedicated to providing you, the client, with the best service possible relating to the safety codes industry.
The Safety Codes Act requires all contractors and homeowners in Alberta obtain permits prior to commencing work on buildings covered by the Alberta Building Code, the Canadian Electrical Code, the Alberta Gas Code or the Alberta Plumbing Code.
Any permits issued prior to July 1, 2021, will continued to be inspected and closed by Superior Safety Codes. If you have any questions, please contact the Town office at (403) 946-5565.
Depending on the type of construction you’re undertaking, a variety of permits may be required.
A building permit is required for:
- Construction of a new home
- Construction of a new accessory building such as a garage or storage shed
- Construction of a commercial, industrial or public use building
- Construction of an addition or renovation of existing buildings
- Undertaking any structural work such as interior partitions
- Enclosing a porch or carport and/or a roof over a deck
- Moving or demolishing a building
- Reconstruction after damage (i.e. fire)
A building permit is not required when you do non-structural work such as:
- Landscaping, sidewalks, driveways
- Fencing (fence height must comply with the Town's Land Use Bylaw 2018-14)
- Building permit application
- Building Permit - Deck
- Building Permit - Woodburning/Pellet Stove
- Building Permit - Detached Garage
- Building Permit Fee Schedule 2021
- New Construction list
- Alberta Building Code
- Electrical permit application
- Electrical Permit Fee Schedule - 2021 New Single Family Residential
- Electrical Permit Fee Schedule - 2021 for other than New Single Family Residential
- Canadian Electrical Code
- Gas permit application
- Gas Permit Fee Schedule - 2021 Residential Installations
- Gas Permit Fee Schedule - 2021 Commercial/Industrial
- Alberta Gas Code
- Plumbing permit application
- Plumbing Permit Fee Schedule 2021
- Private Sewage Disposal System application
- Alberta Plumbing Code
Energy efficiency regulations:
The Fire Department may issue a permit allowing the burning of:
- Coal and straw;
- Building waste; and,
- Weeds, grass, and brush in road rights-of-way.
The cost of the permit is $55.
Fire permits are not required when any person burns clean, dry, untreated wood or charcoal in a fire pit, outdoor fireplace and barbecue, complying with section 6 of the Town of Crossfield Fire Permit Bylaw.
Detailed information can be found in the Fire Permit Bylaw. Permits can be obtained from the Town Administration Office. Please call 403-946-5565 for more information.
Your permit, supporting documents and payment are to be submitted to the Town office located at 1005 Ross Street. Your permit and supporting documents will then be forwarded to Superior Safety Codes for their review. Electrical, plumbing and gas permits will then be issued and made available for pickup from the Town office.